That book is a real treasure if you want to understand how things from everyday life came into existence and learn their stories. The book is full of interesting facts and human stories. It is written very entertaining and is easy to read. Some of the things you will learn are:
– why New York became the biggest city in US and probably made US a leading power
– why a fork has 4 prongs
– why central park hosted 200 sheep for a long time
– how modern park-like cemeteries came into existence
– why many vineyards in Europe got US roots
– how and who made ice widely adopted as a commodity
and many more..
Sounds interesting? Yeah, this book is for you.