Changing the MVC project name in VS is not a standard procedure as hitting F2 and typing the new name. Here are the steps to change the name:
– Click on the project name, hit F2 and rename the project
– Go to project properties (right click the project and select Properties). Then under the Application tab change the Assembly name and the Default Namespace
– Go to any class in the project and select the namespace (that should be the old project’s name). Right-click it and select -> Refactor -> Rename and type in the new name. That should change the namespace for the project.
– Change the project folder’s name
– Open the .sln with a text editor and manually change the project’s name
– Finally (that’s tricky) go to views folder, locate the web.config there and edit the namespace in the file